When you are getting back from work the first thing on your mind is to switch on the car air conditioning as soon as you get inside the car. With the soaring temperatures it is no wonder that nobody likes the heat outside. However if you imagine the scenario in which you find that the air conditioner has broken down, it is enough to get you into a major sweat. There are some ways in which you can prevent the car AC from breaking down. You can simply make use of the following tips to ensure that the air conditioner is running in mint condition throughout summer and also during winter.
- Whenever you park your car make sure that you always park it in the shade. This is one way of the ways of preventing the car from getting to heated up. If the interior is too hot the air conditioner would have to work more and therefore would put pressure on the compressor. This is why it is essential to keep the temperature of your car regulated so that the cooling unit doesn’t have to work overtime. Avoid parking in the sun or anywhere the sunlight hits your car directly.
- Keep the interior of the car well ventilated. If you keep your car close at all times with the windows up to it can become too hot. As a result you would need to switch on the air conditioning at the highest rate which would also affect the fuel efficiency and put a pressure on the compressor. In order to prevent this from happening you should open the windows and the doors and allowed the hot air to escape.
- Another thing which we need to do to keep your car cool during summer is to ensure that you use your air conditioner on a regular basis. Even if you do not use the car everyday, it is important that you switch on the air conditioning at least 15 to 20 minutes every week or so. This would ensure that the vents and all the other mechanism which are involved in the air conditioning system remain intact.
- Keep an eye on the refrigerant level. Refrigerant should be at the right level especially if you want to ensure proper cooling. If you do not have an idea regarding the gauge you might need to call in the services of a professional. Take your car to the mechanic and ask them to check the level of the car AC so that they would be able to provide you with an idea of when you need to put some coolant into the air conditioning system.
- Its also essential to get the car serviced every now and then along with the air conditioning unit as well.
For air conditioning regas on the Gold Coast and other car maintenance procedures, only trust the experts.